POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My IRTC, Take 3 (approx 125K) : Re: My IRTC, Take 3 (approx 125K) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:14:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My IRTC, Take 3 (approx 125K)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 28 Mar 2001 08:02:28
Message: <3ac1e0e4@news.povray.org>
ingo <ing### [at] homenl> wrote:

> in <3AC### [at] darwincwruedu> Geoff Wedig wrote:

>>At long last, I've managed to get a full render of my IRTC Entry,
>>Into the Abyss.

> Geoff,
> great sky!

Can't take (much) credit, as it's mainly the galaxy include.  I've tweaked
it some, primarily to make it work under radiosity with ambient really low,
but it's basically pure.  I did have to try a dozen or so 'skies' to find
one that fit stylistically, then had to tweak the colors around, etc.

> The green stuff on the tower on the right doesn't look good. It stops
> abrubtly at the edges of the stones on the upper left side. Actualy the
> stones in this region also look somewhat strange, as if a seam is in
> the tower.

Yeah, the moss under the spouts needs work.  I don't see what seam you're
talking about.  Can you clarify?

Thanks!

Geoff